Cleanroom Consumables Market to rise to US$ 13,000 Mn by 2026
Breast Reconstruction: A New Way for Breast Cancer Survivors to Renew their Confidence
According to the World Health Organization, in 2018, over 2 million new diagnoses of breast cancer were recorded across the world, going up almost 14% since 2008, and making it the fifth leading cause of cancer deaths among women. At least 1 in 4 women diagnosed with cancer, worldwide, has breast cancer, and such an alarming rise in breast cancer incidence rates has triggered the need for effective treatment and care.
As a result of increasing breast cancer burden, the number of surgical procedures, such as mastectomies, performed across the world, has surged significantly in the past few years. These procedures have a profound impact on the body shape as well as self-esteem, which has ensued developments in breast reconstruction surgeries.
Report Overview @
Implant-based breast reconstruction is emerging as one of the most preferred surgical treatment by women undergoing procedures such as mastectomy for the reconstruction of amputated breast(s). In addition, increasing awareness about the safety of breast reconstruction options is encouraging women undergoing mastectomy and other breast cancer surgeries to choose the reconstruction process, either delayed or immediate, causing this market to gain momentum in recent years.
This latest study by Transparency Market Research underlines the notable developments and tracks the advancements in breast cancer treatment and care, to forecast the growth prospects of the breast reconstruction market for the period of 2019-2027. This study also provides actionable insights for stakeholders in the market to sync with the changing trends in the breast cancer care landscape, and subsequently make important strategic business decisions.
Breast Reconstruction Evolves with Technology to Improve Post-surgery Quality of Life
Breast reconstruction has undergone drastic transformations since the first silicone implants of the 1960s, to the emergence of breast implants, tissue expanders, acellular dermal matrices (ADMs), and others, in recent years.
Breast reconstruction techniques have evolved a great deal over the past several decades, with options that can be tailored to the individual needs of women suffering from breast cancer. The breast reconstruction market was valued at ~ US$ 1.3 billion as of 2018, and is likely to reach a valuation of ~ US$ 2 billion by 2027. Breast reconstruction surgeries have evolved from being a choice made by only a few to being offered as a routine treatment, performed either post unilateral or bilateral mastectomies. As such, the need for improved benefits and safety of this procedure has only increased.
Request Sample @
Technological advancements are likely to incur transformational improvements, not only in the positive outcomes of breast reconstruction surgeries, but also spell advantages for market players in quality-of-life domains of the breast cancer treatment industry. New technologies and innovations that are expected to influence the breast reconstruction markets include 3D printing, which is now being used to create soft absorbable shells with silicon filling, to sync with the specific medical requirements of patients.
Aggressive Use of ADMs: An Emerging Trend in the Breast Reconstruction Market
The breast reconstruction market is gaining momentum with increasing applications silicone and saline breast implants, ADMs, and tissue expanders. The incorporation of breast implants in breast reconstruction surgeries accounted for over two-fifth revenue share of the global market in 2018, and this is expected to remain a prominent trend in the breast reconstruction space in the coming years.
However, ongoing advancements in breast reconstruction procedures that focus on achieving improvements in accuracy in implant positioning and reduction operative time and pain are giving rise to the applications of ADMs in this landscape. The incorporation of innovative imaging technologies in combination with ADMs, shifting from two-step to a single step procedures, is also fostering the growth of this trend in the market, and the adoption of ADMs is likely to increase faster than breast implants in the forecast years.
Browse Press Release @
Complications of Implants and Product Recalls to Slow Down Market Growth
Complications associated with breast implants and other products have had a restraining effect on the growth of the breast reconstruction market. These complications include not just the side effects of implants and other products used, but also include Capsular contracture, changes in nipple and breast sensation, scar tissue formation, and rupture with deflation of saline-filled implants. Breast reconstruction complications are not only associated with breast implants, but also ADMs as Hematoma, skin necrosis, infection, and seroma, which are the most commonly reported complications in ADM breast reconstruction surgeries.
Another significant factor restraining the market has been product recalls by various companies, directly impacting their sales and changing their position in the market, both, for a short and a long term period. Regulatory bodies such as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) control activities in the breast reconstruction market with high quality standards, stringent approvals and certifications, and guidelines on Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs). Not following these can result in product recalls.
For instance, in December 2018, Allergan plc – a leading biopharmaceutical company – announced that it has suspended the sales of textured tissue expanders and breast implants in Europe, in addition to withdrawing the remaining supply in the region. The company also declared that, the recall was initiated with a compulsory recall request from Agence Nationale de Sécurité du Médicament (ANSM), which is the French National Agency for Medicines and Health Products Safety, due to the expiration of the company’s CE Mark for these products.
Breast Reconstruction Market – Key Strategies to Improve Sales in Developed Countries
As per TMR’s analysis, North America and Europe collectively accounted for ~ 60% of the market share in 2018, and this is likely to remain the same through to 2027. Increasing investments by market leaders in these regions with ongoing clinical trials and research activities are contributing to the development of the breast reconstruction markets in developed regions.
For instance, in July 2018, Sientra, Inc. – a U.S-based medical aesthetics company, announced investments in its new Sientra Lab and Innovation Center of Excellence (SLICE) in California. In March 2018, Establishment Labs SA – a leading medical device and aesthetics company – announced that it has initiated its clinical trial for its Motiva Implants®, which are its breast implant products integrated with innovative aesthetic technologies.
Global Breast Reconstruction Market: Overview
- The global breast reconstruction market is expected to be valued at ~ US$ 1.4 Bn in 2019, and is projected to expand at a CAGR of ~ 5% from 2019 to 2027. Rise in the prevalence of breast cancer and increase in the number of breast reconstruction procedures are driving the global breast reconstruction market.
- This report analyzes the current and future scenario of the global breast reconstruction market. Growth of the market is attributed to rise in the prevalence of breast cancer, surge in the demand for breast implants & acellular dermal matrices, and increase in the focus on research and development activities. Additionally, rise in the focus on women’s health and increase in the awareness about breast reconstruction after mastectomy fuel the growth of the global breast reconstruction market.
- According to Breastcancer.org, in the U.S., nearly 1 in 8 women develop invasive breast cancer, accounting to around 12.4% of cases of breast cancer, globally. Moreover, breast cancer is a common type of cancer diagnosed among women in the U.S. However, product recalls by regulatory authorities and complications due to breast implants & other products are expected to hamper the growth of the global breast reconstruction market.
- The global breast reconstruction market report comprises an elaborate executive summary, which includes a snapshot that provides information about the various segments of the market. It also provides information and data analysis of the global market with respect to the segments based on product, end user, and region.
- A detailed qualitative analysis of drivers and restraints of the market, and opportunities has been provided in the overview section. Additionally, the section comprises competitive matrices and company profiles along with business overview to understand the competitive landscape in the market. This section also provides market attractiveness analysis by region and market share analysis by key players, thereby presenting a thorough analysis of the overall competitive scenario in the global breast reconstruction market.
Global Breast Reconstruction Market: Key Segments
- In terms of product, the global breast reconstruction market has been classified into breast implants, tissue expanders, acellular dermal matrices (ADM), and others. The acellular dermal matrices segment is projected to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period. A large number of manufacturers focusing on the development of dermal matrices for indications such as breast reconstruction and hernia repair is a major factor propelling the segment. The usage of acellular dermal matrices in breast reconstruction by plastic surgeons has increased, especially in developed countries such as the U.S.
- Based on end user, the global market has been divided into hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers. The ambulatory surgical centers segment is anticipated to experience significant growth in terms of revenue and market share during the forecast period. These segments have been analyzed based on the available products used during breast reconstruction surgeries for the treatment of any breast deformities, to improve esthetic appearance, and the reconstruction of the breast after mastectomy.
- The market size and forecast for each of these segments have been provided for the period from 2017 to 2027,along with their respective CAGRs for the forecast period from 2019 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year.
Global Breast Reconstruction Market: Regional Outlook
- In terms of region, the global breast reconstruction market has been segmented into five major regions: North America (U.S. and Canada), Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Spain, Italy, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (India, China, Japan, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East & Africa (South Africa, GCC Countries, Israel, and Rest of Middle East & Africa).
- The market size and forecast for each of these regions and the mentioned countries/sub-regions have been provided for the period from 2017 to 2027, along with their respective CAGRs for the forecast period from 2019 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year. The research study also covers the competitive scenario in these regions.
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 Sate Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]